Thursday, March 12, 2020

16. learning from experience

"A man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion."

Hi. I'm back, after such a long time that blogger had logged me out!
I've been hard at work. I've been lost at sea several times, and come back with conviction. No matter how small the change I see, I take into account that flowers bloom and wings and feathers grow on birds. All features of creation undergo a process of becoming.

I have been in the long-drawn process of learning by living. For once, I hadn't gone out to seek a lesson or a skill; but in daily interactions with my co-workers and strangers, I learned much about myself and what life really is about.

I learned for example, that some improvements, especially in the condition of one's heart, are not measurable.
I learned that some sacrifices are so worth making, even if they appear to be selfishly motivated.
I learned that there are some things only time can change and heal, yet some others that time will never touch if we choose to chuck them out of sight.
We get a better understanding of how to manage ourselves and respond consistently if we get to the root of our "knee-jerk" and undesirable reactions.
There is always a way of seeing things in a wonderful light while still being truthful.
I'm learning to question the source of my beliefs and opinions.
The things in our lives that need "working out" are well worth the effort.

These are what I can think of for now.
I have decided that I will continue learning in this unconventional way; evaluating both the seemingly bizarre and mundane parts that make up life, as it happens.
And I've decided not to give up but to believe that this is all part of my process of becoming.
Shedding, sometimes splintering, coming back stronger, further discovering my why.

No comments:

Post a Comment