A campaign for Foodie Folks x Bluebird Tea
2017
PS. They have maple bacon tea...
To be brutally honest, I think there's a procrastinating streak in me I haven't been the most proud of. And I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one. I always seem to churn the best on the go, under some pressure, and that's just not great in most situations, especially those directly involving others.
For example, I'm not the best at picking up dance routines, especially those of unfamiliar genres - but I do better at improvising.
I think it has to do with the sense of inadequacy and the fear of not achieving a brilliant (read: perfect) result with the given time.
I've come to recognise that COLLABORATION is a great way to overcome this sense of crippling uncertainty. Very often people see in us the good we don't see in ourselves, so the morale is lifted and the art is not so introspective. We recognise it is less about ourselves and more about the message that needs to reach the world. Also, pairing up with "movers" naturally keeps the pace up.
I enjoy working in teams, and team dynamics are really important. You want to work with people who get your vision without toOo much back and forth, whom you can vibe with, who offer another challenging perspective and are willing to risk their own comfort to achieve an outcome that's more glorious than anything we could ideate on our own.

No comments:
Post a Comment