Thursday, May 23, 2019

8. ararat


Helsinki Landing
January 2019

A colossal pole of splintering wood is raised from the ground before me and I look up to see its colours. Rags of blue, brown and a regal purple flutter against the hot blue sky above.
It marks an infinite path ahead, hidden even from me; I cannot begin to fathom how the next note will sound.

"You cannot push the envelope - It was given as a decree."

Once more.

"You cannot push the envelope - It was given as a decree."

I'm ushered out of what I realise is the battle aftermath. In my tiny tent are jewels and tear gems of remembrance, of words exchanged in no measure. If I had one every time You remembered me, I would be lost at sea. And if I had chosen You every time You chose me, how different... faultless - things would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment