I forget that as long as I am alive and breathing, I have the right and privilege to Live. I am obligated to assess, to gather what’s available to me and use this faculty to create something wonderful that in turn gives life to those around me.
I forget that I am a creature, not the Creator, and I live because I have been gifted another waking day.
And if I should somehow lose my love for keeping on, I must find that love and triple it. And then I must keep one portion for myself, give one portion to someone whose flame needs a light, and reserve the last portion for when I lose my way by letting my selfish and prideful desires become as a god to me.
I live not because I deserve another day, so I shouldn't behave as though it is owed me.
Once I was not living, and owed more than everything I could offer.
Now I live I owe nothing, and seek to give everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment